Wednesday, September 8, 2010

3 months and the Elusive Smile

Zachary just hit the 3-month mark. Wow, time sure has flown by! He has gone from a 2-week premature 6 pounder, to a chubby baby with his personality starting to emerge. At 3 months old, Zachary measured at 24.5 inches and 13.4 pounds. He loves reaching for rings and batting at the toys on his activity gym. He's somewhat ambivalent about tummy time, and he doesn't like the carseat or the car (and he likes to let us know!).

One of the things that has been the biggest reward so far is his smile. He loves smiling at me while nursing, during diaper changes, and especially when he sees the 'little boy in the mirror'. He LOVES the little boy in the mirror...I don't think he quite gets that HE is the little boy in the mirror!

And often when I see that sweet smile, I grab my camera to capture it. However, the moment Z-man sees the camera come out, the smiles hit the road, only to be replaced with a furrowed brow. I tried to trick him by holding the camera off to the side...and I was successful at capturing smiles, but cut his head off in the process. Here are the results:

4 comments:

Allison said...

Love his smile! We did notice "the furrowed brow" on FB. So funny that he does not smile for the camera. :)

H said...

I think it is adorable. I have the same problem with Liv. If she sees the camera it's almost impossible to capture the moment!

The Carson's said...

Cute!

Jessica said...

He is SO CUTE! Thanks for trying so hard to get the smile pictures!