Saturday, May 28, 2011

One


A friend of mine recently asked if we were okay - because I haven't blogged in awhile. We are alive and well, just busy playing with blocks in the living room, going to the park, and enjoying the antics of our ONE year old!

I feel like we just blinked and a year was gone. We enjoyed (almost) every minute of it! I would say the sleepless nights did not rank so high :) But seriously, we kept pinching ourselves all year thinking how unreal it was that we got to be the parents of this sweet little guy.

So, here are some current tidbits about Zachary at one year of age: He weighs in at 19lbs, 10oz (he's about the 10th percentile) and 28.5 inches long.

His favorite things to do right now are cruising around the living room and the water table (loaned to us for the summer by Uncle Kevin and Aunt Katie...many thanks!), pull laundry out of the laundry basket (much to mom's dismay if it's already folded), and point to all the things that he likes....which is a great way for us to communicate.

His favorite words are dada....dada...and I've heard a couple other things, including ducky and kiss (which came out as 'tiss').

To celebrate Zachary's first year of life, we had a little park shindig. The party was themed around the amazing children's book by Eric Carle, The Hungry Little Caterpillar, and we had it at a great local park.






Of course a caterpillar birthday party is not complete without caterpillar antenna & butterfly wings and insect & butterfly tattoos for the guests:






I did caterpillar themed invitations, decorations and some yummy food (including pulled pork sliders from our favorite BBQ joint)







And of course a toddler-sized cake for the little man and chocolate 'dirt' caterpillar cupcakes for our guests! Zachary was not a fan of the cake, but I guess that just means that he'll be content with fruit for a little while longer :)





And I must end with pictures of the ADORABLE babies that attended Zach's party (I am including Zachary in the 'adorable baby category', so we've gotta have one more shot of him with mommy) :) We loved having you all celebrate our little guy with us!


Love these 3 with their matching shirts and jeans!!



1 comment:

Erica and Jay said...

I can't believe little Zackary is one and that it was at his baby shower God spoke to me it was time to move forward with our own family planning. I can't wait for you to be apart of our journey. What an awesome party you hosted! I might be calling you for ideas in the near future. Happy Birthday Zackary!